Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A Journal To Gratefulness... Week 5: 2nd CHANCE

This week's post is going to be a bit shorter than usual...

If you follow me on social media, or have seen the news, you know that a pretty terrible tornado swept through Middle Tennessee in the early morning hours yesterday, March 3. It touched down in Nashville and made its way to Cookeville (approximately 50 miles, could be 2 separate tornadoes, they still are not sure) doing quite a lot of damage, and taking many lives.

My heart aches for the destruction that has happened, and the families that have lost people, pets, homes, and livelihoods. I'm grateful that the tornado did not turn towards my town, but not at the cost of the lives that were lost.

Here's what my heart is feeling the most thankful for today:

I have a chance to learn from this traumatic and terrifying experience. I just moved here a few months ago and I was not prepared for the fact that tornados would happen... this was an eye opening event. I now know that I need to put some measures in place for safety in this house, I need to get my emergency bags packed for me and my animals, and I need to be more aware...

 But I GET to do these things! 

I have a second chance. 

So today I am thanking the Lord for second chances. I'm thanking Him for being close to the broken hearted and comforting those who are suffering. I'm thankful I can be here to pray and serve. 


If you think of Middle Tennessee in the upcoming weeks, would you pray?

 And if you feel like you need to help in some way here is the link to an organization I love and trust, who are already on the ground helping as we speak: Convoy Of Hope




"Grateful: (adjective)
    warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received; thankful" - Dictionary.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment